Taking Part in the Gathering
Pacific Zen Summer Sesshin 2022
Great Sesshin, Great Gathering, Summer Moon
You can join us at
Santa Sabina Retreat Center in Northern California
Monday, June 13th – Sunday, June 19th, 2022
the great, round summer sesshin
touching the heart, touching the mind,
round as the sun, round as the moon,
round as a bicycle wheel,
roses and ravens and roads through the woods, inexplicably round,
the silence of meditation comes up around us,
and there we feel free,
round as a well full of starlight in the woods—
taking part in the summer gathering,
the round smile of summer
There will be personal interviews and deep meditation, teaching talks and conversations, old friends and new, a refuge ceremony, brilliant teachers, music, great enlightenment, mistakes, and delight.
This is the first in-person sesshin we've held in two and a half years. This will be our only in-person sesshin this year.
So you might want to sign up soon
the remarkable Teachers of PZI
Our Summer Sesshin with John Tarrant & Friends
—with PZI Teachers (confirmed so far): John Tarrant, Allison Atwill, Tess Beasley, Jon Joseph, David Parks, Michelle Riddle, & David Weinstein
This is an extended 7-day and 6-night in-person gathering,
beginning on Monday, June 13th, at 4:30 pm and completing on Sunday, June 19th, at 12:00 pm.
Where: Santa Sabina Center in San Rafael, CA
PZI Member Single Room: $1840
PZI Member Double Room: $1340
*Non-Member Single Room: $1890
Non-Member Double Room: $1390
PZI Member Commuter: $1140
Non-Member Commuter: $1190
Contact our Summer Sesshin Registrar: Marion Yakoushkin for any questions.
***There are no double beds at Santa Sabina, so we cannot offer discounts for couples this time.
With your sesshin registration, you will receive a complimentary Summer Open Temple Pass for one month of daily morning meditations, two sessions every morning, from Wednesday, June 1st through Thursday, June 30th and the possibility of a Night Owl session as well!
PZI Members: If you want to attend Sesshin and are in need, please don't hesitate to request financial aid through a PZI Scholarship. Contact Corey Hitchcock & the Scholarship Committee at [email protected].
PZI In-Person Covid Safety Measures: These are to keep us safe. They may change as we near the event, check in here for our plans.
Dear PZI Friends—
We come together across oceans and continents with PZI members, teachers, musicians, and those new to PZI. We can discover things together which we could not discover alone. There's a scholarship fund for PZI members who want to attend, and need financial assistance. If you're not a member, we invite you to join us today! You can read more about this below.
Thank you for all you have offered to PZI during these last many months, and these last many decades. It's nice to have each other as we find our way.
—Board President Tess Beasley Sensei & Director
Registration Details & PZI Scholarship:
*Registration closes on June 11th at 12:00 NOON PDT.
PZI members: We recognize that some people are experiencing great challenges in these times. If you want to attend and are in need, please don't hesitate to request financial aid through a PZI Member Scholarship, for a reduced fee that you can comfortably pay. Not a member? Become one.
Scholarship requests? Info? Contact Corey Hitchcock & the Scholarship Committee
- Discounts, as always, for PZI Members – join us!
- Complimentary Summer Open Temple Meditation Pass with your registration
- Financial aid is available for PZI Members in need through a PZI Scholarship
- As a convenience, you may register for two people at one time if you are a PZI Member
- To register, click the 'Register – Summer Sesshin' image button below
- Once you've registered, you'll receive a welcome email on or before June 13th, with the final schedule and more info for participation
Adding Donations and Dana
- You may add a donation to PZI, teacher dana (gift), and/or donation to the PZI Scholarship Fund to your registration 'Cart' before you check out
- Adding a donation to the PZI Scholarship Fund helps others attend
- 'Add Donation or Dana' link will take you back to this page, then use the 'How would you like to support?' image buttons at bottom of page. When complete, you'll be returned to your Cart with the total for checkout.
Thank you for being a part of us, and for your ongoing support and participation in PZI Zen. Looking forward to seeing you in-person in June!
For questions about the registration form, contact [email protected].