Sanskrit Fundamentals - Sacred Language of Yoga
Topics to be covered:
• Fundamentals of Sanskṛit, the ancient language of yoga and the Vedic sciences.
• Pronunciation of 25+ common words in Sanskṛit including many common Yoga Asana postures.
• Understanding Sanskrit sounds and vibrations and using proper pronunciation to gain the full potential of this experiential language.
• Chanting the Sanskṛit alphabet to balance and nourish the 5 elements in the body.
• How to read transliterated Sanskṛit with diacritical markings.
• The history of Sanskṛit.
• Introduction to the Chakras and their Bija mantras.
The course will be taught virtually via Zoom. September 23 - 25, 2022
Friday 6 - 8 pm PST
Saturday 10 am - 12:30 pm; and 2 - 4:30 pm PST
Sunday 10 am - 12:30 pm; and 2 - 4:30 pm PST
Saturday and Sunday course will include short breaks plus a 90-minute lunch break.
Sliding Scale with a donation for DAYA Foundation's Prison Yoga Outreach and Teacher Training Programs. We prioritize accessibility AND we appreciate students responsibly choosing the level of their own contribution for the investment in this course.
Reciprocity: $245 Your investment contribution helps us to offer scholarships to students who are strong candidates for our Prison Yoga Teacher Training but who do not have the financial means to invest in it. These students have commitments to service to the greater good.
Mutuality: $185 Your investment contribution helps us to provide ongoing mentorship to our Prison Yoga Teachers to support them as they lead yoga classes inside Oregon's prisons.
Accessibility: $125 We are honored to support you to attend this training and to utilize the skills gained in the service work you intend to do.
About Your Teacher: Kira Rafuse has been studying, practicing and teaching Yoga for 18 years. Her love of Sanskrit began in India when she first began to study Yoga, it then deepened when she studied Āyurveda with Dr. Lad at the Āyurvedic Institute. She went on to study with many teachers and institutions over the years to round out her Sanskrit knowledge base so she can confidently offer a foundation of Sanskrit to students of Yoga. Her studies continue today with a teacher who has a lineage in India.
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!