2022 Collective Wellbeing Summit
Thursday, September 15th, 2022
At the Institute for Collective Wellbeing (ICW), we’re reimagining what’s possible when collective wellbeing is at the foundation of our values, decisions, and actions. What would organizations look and feel like when collective wellbeing is at their foundation? How would our communities be different? As we continue to learn what collective wellbeing means, individuals and organizations from around the world tell us that it has to do with:
- relationships and mindsets that activate an inner knowing that who we are is enough,
- brave leaders who get curious in the face of “risk” and uncertainty (rather than defaulting to fear or control),
- reimagining the purpose of society in a way that integrates creativity and multiple ways of knowing,
- a feeling that arises when people are connected to their true nature and to deep relationships with others and nature.
At ICW, we create opportunities for individuals and organizations to be immersed in mindsets of possibility, abundance, and equity that are at the core of collective transformation. We do this through various initiatives, including our annual Collective Wellbeing Summit.
Join us for our 2nd Annual Collective Wellbeing Summit!
Format: 1-day virtual event hosted on Zoom by the Institute for Collective Wellbeing. Participants may choose to attend all or parts of the summit. A Zoom link will be shared a few days before the event. Note: We're exploring options for CEUs. Stay tuned!
Date: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM CST, Thursday, September 15th, 2022
Theme: For this year’s summit, we’re focusing on what collective wellbeing looks like at work. Nearly 50 million people left their jobs during the Great Resignation in 2021 alone! Clearly, something about “business as usual” isn’t working. A 2022 study from MIT’s Sloan School of Management found that a toxic work culture was over 10 times more important than financial compensation in predicting worker turnover. That tells us that employers can’t “buy” employee loyalty through financial compensation alone. Instead, a fundamental paradigm shift is needed to reimagine what it takes to create a culture of care (i.e. collective wellbeing) at work.
Goals: We will share tools, skills, and mindsets that support collective wellbeing within organizations from the perspective of policy makers, funders/investors, nonprofit leaders, business leaders, artists, and many more. The goals of this year’s summit include:
- Bring to life collective wellbeing as an equitable and sustainable framework for organizational transformation;
- Showcase diverse speakers and perspectives in various formats such as interviews, workshops, movie screenings, physical movement, etc.;
- Share fresh and effective tools for organizational change that don’t require significant financial investments but, instead, a commitment to internal and external change;
- Make the Summit accessible so that ability to pay does not pose a barrier for participation;
- Create opportunities for relationship building amongst participants.
Speakers and Workshop Facilitators:
Andrew Barnes and Charlotte Lockhart: Ms. Lockhart and Mr. Barnes are the founders of 4 Day Work Week Global Foundation. In collaboration with organizations implementing a 4 day work week, and research institutions from around the world, they have embarked on documenting, supporting, and advocating for a shorter work week.
Cassie Robinson: Ms. Robinson is a UK-based social and strategic designer, emerging futures funding strategist, and innovator. She writes and consults about the role of imagination and creativity in co-creating the emerging future, and in particular, changes needed in the philanthropic sector to fuel transformation.
Alejandro Miranda Cruz: Mr. Miranda Cruz is the Founder of Bravebird™, a production studio in Madison, Wisconsin. An Indigenous Filmmaker, Mr. Cruz uses film to depict authentic experiences that portray our shared humanity and co-creates new stories as an important tool in individual and social transformation.
We can't wait for you to join us for our 2022 Summit! Stay tuned for more details including times and full list of speakers/facilitators.
Click the link below to learn more and register!