Volunteer Nominations 2022
Welcome to the nomination portal for The Community Fund of Darien's Volunteer Celebration Event. The Community Fund of Darien is honored to acknowledge extraordinary volunteers at local or national nonprofit organizations who are current residents of Darien. Nominations are due March 11, 2022.
- Outstanding Emerging Volunteer, 18 years and younger
- Outstanding Adult Volunteer, 19 to 64 years
- Outstanding Senior Volunteer, 65 years and older
- Outstanding Volunteer Duo
- Outstanding Volunteer Family
- Outstanding Volunteer Team, 3 or more individuals committed to the same cause
- Outstanding New Volunteer, an individual who has volunteered with one organization for less than one year
Outstanding Emerging Volunteer (18 years and younger) –
Honors an individual who is 18 years of age or younger who has dedicated their
time and talent to make a significant volunteer contribution to improve the
Outstanding Adult Volunteer – Honors an individual who is 19
to 64 years of age who has dedicated their time and talent in community
Outstanding Senior Volunteer – Honors an individual who is
65 years of age or older who has dedicated their time and talent in community
Outstanding Volunteer Duo – Honors two people who volunteer
together for a cause and who have made an impact.
Outstanding Volunteer Family – Honors a family that has made
volunteerism a core value and contributes significant time to help their
Outstanding Volunteer Team – Honors a group of 3 or more
volunteers who are not related, and who – through collaborative volunteer
efforts – have made a significant volunteer contribution to an organization.
Outstanding New Volunteer – Honors the person who is new to
their volunteer role with one year of service or less and who has shown impressive
dedication and performance.
If you are ready to submit a nomination, please go to the bottom of this page and click “Apply.” Organizations and individuals may nominate one volunteer in one category (or one group of individuals in a group category). You may come back as many times as you wish as long as you submit your nominations by the deadline.
Honorees will be selected based on the following qualities:
- Action: The involvement of the nominee was active and hands-on, not just a figurehead
- Caring: As demonstrated by the nominee’s interaction with others
- Commitment: The nominee’s sincere belief in the cause
- Joy: The nominee demonstrated an unselfish willingness to do whatever was needed
- Need: Nominee contributed a needed service locally or nationally
- Time: The time that was contributed by the nominee was consistent
NOMINATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, MARCH 11, 2022
Nominated volunteers and their nominators will be contacted and the Volunteer Celebration will be held at the Darien Community Association, 274 Middlesex Road, Darien on Thursday, April 21st from 5:30-7:00pm.
All nominated volunteers must meet the following criteria:
- All nominees must be a resident of Darien, CT
- The volunteer should be one that has not previously been recognized for the same project. If you are unsure of the people or projects your agency has honored in the past, please contact: [email protected]
- The volunteer should have made a special contribution during 2021.
- Each organization or individual may nominate one person.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS: