A Look at the Gender Bread Person
A Focus on HIV in the Transgender Community
A Look at the Gender Bread Person: A Focus on HIV in the Transgender Community
MAO LUNCH & LEARN PROGRAM
presented by the Medical Advocacy and Outreach (MAO) Department of Education and Training
IN-PERSON/VIRTUAL HYBRID TRAINING
Wednesday, July 6, 2022
12 PM – 1 PM CST
All participants will be required to complete a post-participation evaluation.
ALL registrations MUST be completed by 9AM on Tuesday, July 5th!
MAO Learning Center
2530 Fisk Road
Montgomery, Alabama 36111
IN-PERSON PARTICIPATION AT THE MAO LEARNING CENTER WILL BE LIMITED TO 30 PARTICIPANTS.
PARTICIPATION IS FREE
This presentation will:
- Differentiate between Gender assigned at Birth, Gender Identity, Gender Expression & Sexual orientation
- Highlight the prevalence of HIV in the transgender and gender non-conforming (TGNC) population
- Understand the challenges and barriers to healthcare faced by TGNC people
- Discuss strategies to improve communication with TGNC people at healthcare centers
- Outline patient-centered healthcare services for TGNC patients and their families
ABOUT THE PRESENTER:
Kim A. Thomas, MSW is a Virology Community Liaison and Senior Specialist Account Manager for Merck & Co.
Should you have questions about this training and its content, email [email protected].
Should you experience difficulty with the online registration process email [email protected].
For questions regarding Continuing Education, please email [email protected].
Contact Hours/Credit Statement (s): NO Contact Hours are officially provided for participation in this program.
Conflict of interest: There is no conflict of interest for anyone in a position to control content for this activity.
Joint Providers: This activity is provided independently by MAO.
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!