Sim Intensive In Person Course Nov 17-18 2022
California Simulation Alliance
Simulation Intensive in-person course will be offered on November 17 & 18 2022.
This course offers a jump-start into simulation-based health care education. Participants will learn to apply best practices in simulation. Using a dual focus on academic and practice settings, key theoretical concepts and strategies will be explored to support health care educators in providing safe, effective learning environments. The basics of the CSA Level 1 curriculum will be flexed to meet the needs of the group, followed by Level 3 scenario development and debriefing strategies. The course will culminate an experience with learners taking on all roles of simulation as well as the role of the learner in the simulation.
1. Discuss the concept of simulation in adult learning and describe its effectiveness as a
strategy in the development of interprofessional health care practitioners and educators.
2. Describe current educational theory supporting simulation as an effective learning strategy for health care teams.
3. Discuss integrating Implicit Bias recognition into healthcare professions education.
4. Identify the key elements of an effective simulation scenario.
5. Develop a scenario that incorporates key learning objectives and QSEN/NAoM competencies and National Patient Safety Goals.
6. Discuss developed scenario’s target learner, readiness ideas, objectives, case flow for scenario, and debriefing questions that incorporate the objectives
$800 CSA Members / $900 Non-CSA Members
Cancellations will be charged a $25 administrative fee. No cancellations will be granted after November 10, 2022.
BRN Provider Number: 14888
Course starts at 0800, ends at 1530