2022 Step Up September: Step Up to Support our Industry!
Participating HBA Members agree to wear a pedometer to count their steps in the month of September 2022 and should seek sponsors for their effort. The suggested minimum donation is $50 - $100, but any donation is welcome. All proceeds from this fundraiser will go to the HBA Charitable Foundation which provides scholarships to students studying in homebuilding-related fields. We want to encourage and build up the next generation of the industry. Our goal is to raise $55,000 this year. Individual participants should set a goal of $1000, and teams of 5-6 participants should set a goal of $5000.
In exchange for a sponsor’s donation, you (the participant) should provide updates on your progress throughout the month, and the donor will be listed on the HBA website as a supporter of the event and the HBA Charitable Foundation. We encourage participants to offer up additional “rewards” to their donors on an individual basis. For example, you’ll provide your highest dollar amount donor with a free lunch. Etc.
Participants are competing for prizes in several categories TBD, for example: Most Dollars Raised, Most Donors Collected, Most Steps Walked, Longest Individual Walk, Most Team Steps, etc.
Options: Sign up as a Team or as an Individual Walker
- Teams must consist of at least 5 people.
- Participants competing as individuals will compete against one another for prizes, not against those on teams.
- All steps and donations from a team will be counted toward a cumulative team goal. Similar-sized teams will compete against each other for prizes
- Sign up to participate by creating your page on our Flipcause website. You must sign up/ register in order to be eligible for prizes at the end of the month. This enables us to keep track of who is participating and which donors they are bringing in.
- Wear a pedometer for the month of September and track your steps. You may use one of our provided pedometers or one of your own.
- Steps should be logged on a weekly basis. Pick a day that works best for you and update every week on that day.
- Any HBA member can be a participant! Any HBA member company or committee/council can form a team!
- Anyone can be a donor! Tell your friends, family, co-workers, etc. about the good we are doing for the homebuilding industry.
- Decide if you are providing any additional perks for your sponsors.
- Share your donation page and solicit donors!
- Send your sponsors periodic updates on your progress throughout the month of September.
- Step up and walk like crazy! 😊
Thank you to our Sponsors!