2023 Ad Astra and Cantus Tour - Washington, DC
Ad Astra and Cantus Choirs are going to Washington DC! We are thrilled to take part in the "We have a Dream" concert series commemorating the 60th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr's "I Have a Dream" speech.
Dates: June 1-5, 2023
Cost: $1800 per person ($100 non-refundable deposit is due by September 15)
The number of available chaperone spots will be determined by singer registrations. If you are interested in chaperoning the tour, please email [email protected] for more information. Selected chaperones will be given registration information.
- Perform on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial
- Evening guided illuminated walking tour of the Korean, Vietnam, National World War II, African American Civil War, Emancipation Monument, Eisenhower, Jefferson Memorial, and the Washington Monument.
- Visit the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, on the National Mall.
- Visit the Lincoln Memorial, the most visited Memorial in Washington, D.C.
- Visit the newly renovated Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.
- Dinner at Ben’s Chili Bowl, a local establishment, dined in by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. prior to his March on Washington
- Work with an expert clinician
- Visit the tour the National Archives, to see the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights, and the Emancipation Proclamation
- Visit Black Lives Matter plaza, an important gathering place for activists, largely because of its proximity to the White House
- Visit Lafayette Square for a photo opportunity with the White House
- Tour of Pentagon National 9/11 Memorial, U.S. Air Force Memorial and Marine Corps “Iwo Jima” War Memorial
- Visit and tour Arlington National Cemetery and participate in a special Wreath-Laying Ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
A NON-REFUNDABLE deposit of $100 must by paid by September 15, 2022.
If a cancellation is necessary, a request must be made in writing or emailed to the Artistic or Executive Director.
- Approved cancellations submitted by January 15, 2023 – eligible for up to 75% refund, excluding deposit
- Approved cancellations submitted by March 15, 2023 – eligible up to for 50% refund, excluding deposit
- No refund of any kind will be made after April 20, 2023.