Mifgash Choref 5783 (2022-23)
Winter trip to Israel during Hanukkah
- Apply here to join your Midrasha friends and visit Israeli teens for Mifgash Choref [Winter Encounter]
December 20 - 31, 2022
Dates might flex one day or two depending on airfare.
Please use this form to register.
We are excited to share that Midrasha teens will continue the Mifgash adventure this winter! This 10-day trip to Israel during Hanukkah features home hosting by our Israeli friends and high school partners in Israel. Daily bus trips will take us all around Israel, including Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and other destinations.
Cost: $4,000 includes plane ticket, meals and experiences while in Israel. Please do not let cost be a barrier to your teen participating. Our community offers multiple financial support mechanisms that are both need based and non-need based, including but not limited to:
- The Israel Within Reach grant is a need-blind program (meaning applicants are judged solely on their merits, irrespective of their ability to pay) that covers $500 of the trip cost.
- There are more scholarship opportunities that we will be sharing upon registration.
The cost does not include cell phones, passport expenses, health insurance, spending money, incidentals or the gift for your host family. There is a $500 non-refundable deposit.
- Registration is due October 4, 2022 at 10:00 a.m. If we don't have enough participants attending, we will cancel the trip.
- We will confirm the trip by October 12, 2022.
- Participation and intent to pay contract due by October 14, 2022 at 10:00 a.m.
- Balance or payment plan for the trip is due by October 31, 2022.
- Must attend orientation meetings October 23, 2022 at 5:00 pm and November 17, 2022 at 7:30 p.m
- Scholarship deadlines must be followed.
COVID, Health & Refunds:
- While attending Mifgash, all attendees (and staff) are required to be *up to date with Covid-19 vaccines, including boosters. * Per CDC guidelines, “people aged 12 years to 17 years can only receive the updated Pfizer bivalent booster."
- Please see our website: CCM Mifgash Choref (winter) 5783 for up to date Covid policies.
If your questions are not answered on our website, please contact:
- Julia Babka-Kurzrock at 510-407-6728 [email protected] our Program Director or
- CCM Director, Devra Aarons at 925-944-4701 or [email protected].
Thanks to funders and donors for helping to subsidize the cost of this program.
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!