aSTEAM Village Fund-A-Need Replacement Windows
aSTEAM Village Fund-A-Need $25,000 Campaign for Replacement Windows for the North, West, and Courtyard 2nd Floor Windows.
aSTEAM Village programming takes place on the 1st Floor and the basement of the building because all of the windows on the 2nd Floor need to be replaced.
Replacing these windows will benefit our program and increase our impact and capacity by doing the following:
- Reduce the heating and cooling costs for the entire building because all of the windows are old and some are broken. We've covered the windows with plastic to bridge us until we are able to replace the windows.
- Replacement of the windows will reduce our monthly expenses on heating and cooling which will allow us to reallocate the savings toward more student programming.
- Utilization of the second floor classrooms for programming and specifically, CompTia I.T. industry certification exams.
- Replacement of the windows is the first step needed to be taken before we can replace the HVAC in the building which is currently steam heaters in the winter (many are inoperable as they are the original units when the unit was built) and window air conditioning units in the summer.
- Replacement of the windows will enable us to expand the number of students, adults, and families served