Support 4,481 seniors, families, and children.
It is not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.
By donating to Catholic Community Service today, you help your community by:
- Feeding our elders: A regular source of nutritious meals can help an elder remain at home instead of moving to a facility. With the suspension of congregate meals at our senior centers, Southeast Senior Services Meals on Wheels program has stepped up across the region, and our staff and volunteer drivers are now delivering about twice as many meals.
- Protecting children from abuse: SAFE Child Advocacy Center
- Providing rides to elders: A source of convenient door-to-door rides can make it possible for someone to live independently and still participate fully in the community's life. In Juneau, we partner with the CBJ to operate Capital AKcess (formerly Care-a-Van), providing door-to-door, accessible transportation services to elders and other people with disabilities. CCS provides rides in ten other Southeast communities as well.
- Supporting caregivers: People responsible for vulnerable family members may need help making crucial decisions and solving problems, as well as periodic respite so they can recharge. The Senior and Caregiver Resource Center provide invaluable support to caregivers, while the Bridge Adult Day Center provides a safe and nurturing environment for seniors who can no longer spend the day alone.
- Providing skilled care: As directed by a patient's physician, Hospice and Home Care of Juneau (HHCJ) services include visits from a nurse, therapist, home health aide, social worker, chaplain, or trained volunteer. With your donation, you can provide end-of-life or home-bound patients with skilled care in their own homes.