Feed Juneau Seniors
Help the Juneau Senior Center raise $25,000 to provide 44,544 hot meals.
You have the power to help the Juneau Senior Center raise
$25,000 to provide 44,544 meals for 350 seniors.
The seniors of Juneau who benefit from the Juneau Senior Center’s hot and nutritious meals need your support. Your donation ensures that meals are available to seniors five days per week. You can help seniors on fixed incomes maintain health and independent living, speedy recovery from surgery or illness, and prevent disease. This year, increased demand for meals and home deliveries has increased our costs for food and containers. We depend on individuals like you to help us continue this essential service.
We are thrilled to report our numbers for 2021:
- The Juneau Senior Center provided 44,544 meals, an increase from the previous year’s 40,850 meals.
- The Juneau Senior Center served 342 Juneau seniors.
But - the need is great - and you can help serve our local elders. Join the Juneau Senior Center community today and donate any amount to help Juneau seniors.
Meals are prepared at the Juneau Senior Center and delivered by volunteers five days per week to seniors in their homes. We are working to reopen the Juneau Senior Center for congregate meals and will continue to provide home-delivered meals to seniors who cannot come to the center. As food and business costs rise, providing meals to our seniors is more expensive than ever.
- For $26, you can provide two home-delivered nutritious meals to a senior in Juneau.
- For $103, your donation allows eight seniors to enjoy a hot-nutritious meal like roasted chicken thighs, rice, steamed vegetables, a fruit cup, and eight ounces of milk.
- For $256, you can help provide a month’s worth of meals for a senior. (This allows a senior peace of mind financially as many of them are on a fixed income.)
- For $621, you can feed one-quarter of all Juneau Meals on Wheels recipients for one day.
To donate or for more information, visit www.ccsak.org or mail a check in the included remittance envelope to the Juneau Senior Center. Thank you for your thoughtful consideration of our request and for supporting this critical program.