Saturday On-site Leader of a Mobile Shower Unit
Now Hiring Saturday Part-Time On-site Team Leader of a Mobile Shower Unit (Mobile Service Coordinator) Serving the Homeless in the Greater Metro Detroit Area.
Start Date: ASAP
Driver, logistics expert, survey taker, listener, cleaner, communicator, report writer, customer service superstar.
- Safe driving, daily setup/breakdown and waste disposal; troubleshooting day-to-day operations.
- Effectively managing digital communications: Email, texts, etc.
- Interfacing with host organizations.
- Managing and implementing COVID-19 and related safety protocols.
- Completing/overseeing operational digital checklists (Google Forms).
- Coordinating and supporting Crew Volunteers.
- Managing supplies inventory and loading.
- Greeting and engaging homeless guests.
- Managing queue/data, shower turnover.
- Keeping cool in challenging situations, practicing empathy, and demonstrating stellar customer service.
- De-escalation and conflict management as needed.
- Valid Michigan Driver's License
- High School Diploma/ GED
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to proactively communicate with doers and decision makers
- Must have an excellent attendance record
- Must have an excellent work record
- Must be available and able to perform job duties
- Ability to independently (without assistance) load, drive, and set up the Mobile Shower unit (truck - F250/trailer - 23 ft)
- Ability to run Shower Services at multiple locations (2 or more) in a day
- Ability to function independently with minimum direction
- Ability to work with a large number of people
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Requires lifting of equipment (25 lbs or more)
- Knowledge in CPR, first aid, and de-escalation is preferred
- Must reply to communications (email, text, phone) within 24 hours
- Must sign a Technology Agreement
- Must perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor
- Demonstrate qualities consistent with the WAVE Project mission, including:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Serving people experiencing homelessness
- Pulling extended trailers (>20 ft)
- Equipment and assets
- Basic truck and trailer maintenance
- Maintaining accurate records
- Maintaining inventory
- Utilizing technology
- Hardware: Computers, tablets, etc.
- Software: Google products: email, cloud/shared drives, web pages, digital checklists/forms, spreadsheets, documents
Hours: Part-Time, Saturdays (all, 4 - 5 days a month). 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
$150.00 per day
Health Insurance benefits are not provided
Interested and qualified candidates must complete this online application. Applicants may be required to provide references and be subject to a background check.
WAVE Project is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.