For Community - MAD HOPE Youth Suicide Prevention
Offered in Blaine, WA on June 11 (930am & 1pm - choose 1 time session)
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!
Join us for a Community Session on how peers and adults can offer support to a youth experiencing anxiety, depression and suicidal thought or intention. Learn what to do, what to say and where to go for support services and resources. This is a two-hour training for youth and adults to engage in Question, Persuade & Refer (QPR) research-based youth suicide prevention strategies and to promote overall well-being. It is a condensed version of the trainings we do in classrooms. We will go over
- how to support your mental health and wellness,
- risk factors and warning signs to look for,
- how to break the stigma around mental health and open up the conversation with someone who is struggling, and
- resources including the importance of trusted adults.
WHO: Open to the community (adults and youth 13+)
WHEN: Saturday June 11th, 2022
TIME: Two time options available (sign up for 1 time option):
WHERE: Community Assistance Program (CAP) Center (508 G Street, Blaine WA 98230)
COST: FREE - all trainings and materials are being provided free of charge
REGISTRATION: Limit 35 participants per session. Must register for one of the sessions to attend event.
FACILITATORS: The M.A.D.-H.O.P.E. Youth Suicide Prevention and Wellness Team, trainers from Whatcom Family & Community Network (https://wfcn.org/ and madhope.org)
SPONSORED BY: M.A.D. H.O.P.E., The Gathering Place - Blaine, and Blaine CAP
Two distinct training programs are being offered:
- Sat June 11th - MAD HOPE Youth Suicide Prevention & Well Being Training
- Sat June 25th - Trusted Adult Workshop (click here for more information and registration)
Both are FREE, with a limit on the number of participants (35/session). For each date, we are offering two different time session options, so we can we can accommodate as many people as possible. You may select one time option (morning OR afternoon) for each of the two dates. Please only register for one time option for each training date. Thank You!
Not tech savvy?
- Please call or email Kristin Danielson at 360-738-1196 or [email protected] - Whatcom Family and Community Network (Home to M.A.D.-H.O.P.E.) , and she will help you get registered.
- Teens are encouraged to attend and most welcome to join us!
- Sorry, no childcare provided for young children
NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE 1-800-273-8255