Donate Now - Jason Taylor Careers In Sports 2022
WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
The Jason Taylor Careers in Sports Network provides South Florida high school students with equitable access to resources and best practices in the sports industry, preparing them for future educational and career opportunities within the business of sports.
WHAT DO WE WANT TO ACHIEVE?
- We want to introduce young people to the different opportunities that exist in the sports industry.
- We want to provide high-level best practices and standards from experts in the industry coupled with hands-on experience and application within their own high school athletic departments.
- We want to ensure that this programming is accessible to all high school students regardless of race, gender, economic status, etc.
- We want to strengthen the quality of the overall operation of each high school’s athletic department. This will be achieved by developing a Careers in Sports Club on campus that specifically identifies and trains interested students who will serve as a volunteer workforce for the athletic department.
- We want to develop a diverse population of young people who will ultimately and continuously have a positive impact on the sports industry (collegiate and professional).
ABOUT THE NETWORK?
Where a student’s love of the game turns into a rewarding career in the sports business. The network focuses on educating the future generation of leaders in the sports business by cultivating an environment that offers participation in various aspects of the sports business industry.
The Jason Taylor Careers in Sports Network will give students hands-on experience within and around their high school athletics department, providing a Playbook of Best Practices students can follow to build a greater understanding of career opportunities in sports, begin to develop a professional network and resumé, while assisting their own school’s athletics department in promoting its student-athletes and athletics programs. The Playbook will focus on five key careers in sports (click on each item below for more information):
Sports Media Relations • Sports Broadcasting • Social Media • Sports Marketing • Game Management