MUSIC WITH CONFIDENCE Announces AUDITIONS for OLIVER!
Book, music and lyrics by Lionel Bart
Online: Fill out the Audition Registration online you may call Miss Diana at (775)682-1777.
PREPARE FOR THE AUDITIONS:
- CHILDREN: One song, any style (no hard rock or rap), may be from "Oliver!".
- ADULTS: Portions of one ballad and one up tempo show tune, not from "Oliver!".
Note: Bring TRACK on USB drive or acapella is acceptable.
Director: Diana Hoffman
Choreographer: Mic Thompson
Reno Pops Orchestra Conductor: Jane Brown
Choreographer: Mic Thompson
Art Director: JC Clark
BRING: Updated resume, photo, music, conflict calendar, clothes to move in for dance call. All roles open. Performs July in conjunction with Artown. Rehearsals are at Hug High School 3530 Sullivan Lane, Sparks, NV or otherwise indicated. Dates of Rehearsals will be sent to you once you register.
NEEDED: 15-20 children, ages 8-15 (boys with "unchanged" voices"); 15-20 adults, all ages, types, shapes and sizes for principals and large singing, dancing chorus.
- OLIVER TWIST (understudy only) ( 11-13): An orphaned workhouse boy. Innocent, likeable, winsome, wide-eyed, curious. Sees the good in everyone he encounters. Vulnerable yet brave. Strong actor. Must move well. (Unchanged voice)
- FAGIN (Understudy only) (50 +): An elderly thief, in charge of a gang of young pickpockets. Wise, clever, quick-witted, sarcastic, loveable, hascible, inconigible. Vocal soloist. Strong character actor, excellent singer/dancer.
- THE ARTFUL DODGER (understudy only) (12-15): A pickpocket. Fagin's most trusted pupil, bright and cocky, small for his age. Boundless energy, quick on his feet; lives up to his name! Vocal soloist. Strong actor. Must be nimble mover/dancer. Hat tricks a plus!
- BILL SYKES (understudy only) (25-40): The villain. Dark, threatening, volatile. A classic "heavy" role. Vocal soloist. Must have imposing, fearsome physical presence aid voice.
- MR. BUMBLE (Understudy only)(45-60): The Beadle, in charge of the workhouse. A large, pompous, greedy man without much native intelligence. Vocal soloist; excellent trained tenor.
- WIDOW CORNEY (40-60): Mistress of the workhouse. Sharp-tongued, domineering. Must sing well.
- MR. SOWERBERRY (40-60): An undertaker with a macabre sense of humor. Strong character actor, and must sing well.
- FAGIN'S GANG (7-15): Gang of young thieves in Fagin's employ. All types/sizes. All must sing and move well (seeking 14-20 children; also play workhouse kids)
- CHORUS (15 +): 6-10 men; 6-10 women. Excellent dancers, must sing well. Many large chorus musical numbers. All types/vocal ranges. Also play supporting roles, with some vocal solos: DR. GRIMWIG,, BOW STREET RUNNERS (the British police); STREET VENDORS, TOWNSPEOPLE, PAUPERS, ETC.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL (775)682-1777