HHRM Thanks-GIVING 58th Annual Food Drive!
Fill A Box-Feed A Family for Thanksgiving!
$75.00 Sponsors A Turkey (gift card) & Food For A Family In Need This Thanksgiving or Fill-A-Box Feed-A-Family!
We are GIVING with THANKS for our neighbors in need, right here in Huntington.
Helping Hand Rescue Mission's 58th Annual Thanksgiving Turkey & Food Distribution provides food for a family's full Thanksgiving meal, dessert and a special breakfast, to those in need right in our community. This year we'll be meeting another increased need in our community. Although we are sad that more families in our community are going through difficult times economically due reduced hours, health issues etc., we are grateful that we can be of assistance with food boxes full of all the necessary treats! We feel incredibly blessed that as a community, there's always something that we can do to make life more stable and full of love and support for our neighbors in need.
Last year in the midst of most challenging times, together we met the needs of approximately 1300 neighbors in need that was up 200 families from 2020. This Thanksgiving we are preparing to serve 1500 families with grateful hearts by providing for their Thanksgiving meals. That's 200 more families than we blessed next year. It's a lot of food to collect and distribute but we are excited and we are honored to rise to the challenge. We're counting on kind people like you to help. It is always the heart of the mission to love, to serve, and to give to our community especially during the holiday season.
How can I help?
- Donate financially right here on this page! You can help us buy items that we don't have enough of in our pantry and offset Thanksgiving Meal costs! $75 sponsors the food for an entire Thanksgiving meal for a family in need. You can also mail a check to Helping Hand Rescue Mission P.O. Box 325 Huntington Station, NY 11746 or give via Facebook (www.facebook.com/helpinghandrescuemission) if you want to avoid the processing fee. Facebook does not charge a fee. You will receive a tax receipt.
- Fill a Box, Feed a Family! Pick up an empty distribution box or boxes beginning October 11th from Helping Hand Rescue Mission during our donation hours (Monday 10AM-2PM, Tues 10-11 or 1-6pm, Wed-Fri 10-11 or 1-4pm, Saturday 10AM-1PM), fill it with the items on our Fill A Box List (posted below) for a family, and bring it back to the mission full and unsealed so we can get it ready to be given to a family! Boxes must be returned to Helping Hand Rescue Mission November 13-16th during our donation hours.
- Please call ahead if you need multiple boxes so we are prepared.
- Due to the "turkey shortage due to the bird flu", increased cost and supply chain issues that are real, we are encouraging a $20-$25 gift card be included so that the family can purchase meat or other items for their meal.
- You can also donate food items on our Thanksgiving Pantry Needs list to our pantry! Scroll down to see the list!
- Host a Thanksgiving food drive at your workplace or even from your home. We'll provide the list of needed items and the boxes if you decided to do Fill A Box-Feed A Family!
On November 15, 2022 Helping Hand Rescue Mission is completing our 57th year of service as a faith-based community outreach center and food pantry. We are not afraid of uncertainty and change because year after year, we have seen that God is a God of abundant provision, and that people are generous and want to help. We pray that this, our 58th Thanksgiving will be no different. We are giving thanks with grateful hearts. We stand in awe of the overwhelming tide of generosity, unity, and joy that has turned our troubles into triumphs and new partnerships. We are a resilient, loving community that will always be there for those who need help within it. You can find us at www.hhrm.org.
Join us in providing food, joy, and stability this holiday season. We are letting our grateful hearts overflow into the Huntington Station community and beyond to bless our friends, neighbors, and local families this Thanks-GIVING. May God bless you abundantly for your kindness.