2023 Summer STEAM Camp registration
Don't delay...these slots will fill quickly.
Happy New Year!!!
Each year we are super excited to put out a great summer of learning and fun for kids in South Fulton County. This year is no different and the planning is already in motion. If what you see below sounds awesome for your student then take my advice...do not wait to grab your spot. We will fill up FAST!!! Although all the specifics are not defined as of yet, what you can count on are the following:
Basic Information Camp Dates: May 31st through July 28th
- Days of operation - M-F
- Hours of operation - 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Cost - $150/week
- Registration Fee - $50/ Rising K-5th Grades and $75 for Rising 6th graders
- Multi Child discount - 10% of weekly fees only
- We accept CAPS
- Ages accepted - 5-11
- Weekly out of the building field trips (additional cost weekly)
- All students receive STEM/STEAM workshops and activities daily
- K-2nd grades - Introductory to grade level and appropriate and accelerated topics with hands-on application. They will get to participate in experiments and activities to strengthen their knowledge of all topics discussed.
- 3rd-6th grades - Higher level activities that challenge their base knowledge of base level science concepts taught in school. They will also participate in daily experiments and activities to strengthen their knowledge of any concept taught.
- All students will be introduced to the concept of coding.
- Early learners will use "drag and drop" methods of coding such as scratch.
- More seasoned learners will have opportunities at using actual coding languages like python.
- Kids will have the opportunity to code robots like Sphero, drones, 3-D printers and motorized LEGO builds
- Our 3rd-6th graders will participate in an actual Esport season of play during the summer.
- They must commit to playing the entire season if interested.
- Games available are: Madden Football and NBA 2K/Mario Kart/Super Smash Bros
- Our games include: Nintendo Switch / Playstation 5 and X Box 10
- Our gaming platform also identifies STEM based careers with the use of STEM modules that students must complete to earn points for the gaming competitions.
- We believe in LEGO building
- All students will have opportunities to do age appropriate LEGO builds
Camp Dates: May 31st - July 28th