2023 Art, Photo & Video Contest
Capturing the beauty of Blount County
Enter your best photos, video-clips or artwork and be eligible to win $$$.
Take photos and videos with your cell phone, those win too!
The contest has 10 categories, and prizes for teens & adults: Winning entries - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, range from $200 to $25.
Additionally there are 10 Business' Choice Awards, $100 each.
Check FLFR's YouTube channel for ideas.
2. Register and take note of the transaction ID # (you will receive a registration email). If you participated in the contest and registered last year, and if you have not changed your address, email or phone, feel free to use last year's transaction ID number.
3. Submit your entries between April 1 and July 10, 2023. Details in each PDF -
- email photos to [email protected]
- email video links to [email protected]
- and take art entries to the Oneonta and Blountsville Libraries.
If you have any questions, email [email protected] or leave a message at (205) 274-3537.
- Animals in Nature, for example: armadillos, beavers, chipmunks, deer, foxes, otters, possums, rabbits, raccoons, skunks, squirrels, etc.
- Birds & Raptors: birds, eagles, hawks, owls, ospreys, etc.
- Bugs, Butterflies & Spiders, for example: bees, butterflies, centipedes, dragonflies, spiders, etc.
- Farm Life & Animals such as chickens, cows, ducks, goats, horses, rabbits, sheep, people working, celebrating and enjoying life at a farm, grazing grasses, corn fields, cotton fields, etc.
- FLFR Activities, for example: landscaping at the Grand Staircase, planting seedlings at the nursery, cleaning up riverbanks, water testing at the river, painting murals, etc.
- Habitat & Seasons: covered bridges, outdoor scenes or landscapes in spring, summer, fall or winter, cliffs, rocks, caves, clouds, sky, sunsets and sunrises, frozen fog, frost, snow, rain, etc.
- Locust Fork River or Its Tributaries, Lakes & Waterfalls, for example: Blackburn Fork of Little Warrior, Calvert Prong of Little Warrior, Dry Creek, Graves Creek, Gurley Creek, Sand Valley Creek, Inland Lake, Highland Lake, McKay Lake, Mountain Lake and Sugarland Lake, natural and man-made ponds.
- PIN - People and/or Pets in Nature: activities along the river, lakes, its tributaries, waterfalls, or woods: bicycling, swimming, jumping, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, hiking or walking, camping, picnicking, etc
- Roots & Shoots, like: wildflowers, foliage, mushrooms, moss and trees in the wild.
- Sun-basking Creatures, for example: frogs, lizards, snakes, toads, terrapins and turtles.
Business Sponsors: Black Warrior Riverkeeper, Blount-Oneonta Chamber of Commerce, Locust Fork Family Dentistry, Locust Fork Pharmacy, Oneonta Dental Center, Southern Vision Eye Care, Spring Valley Beach Water Park, Stifel Investments, The Blount Countian Newspaper.