Use this form to early register a teen for Mifgash Kayeetz /Summer and/or early apply for Mifgash Choref / Winter. These unique opportunities aim to interweave our American and Israeli teens together through friendship, deepen your teen's (and family's) shared sense of K'lal Israel (Jewish peoplehood), and enhance our understanding of what it means to be Jewish and grow up in each country.
Summer in SF Bay Area (Israelis come to us!) - July 28 - August 6, 2023
About Mifgash Kayeetz/Summer: This 10-day journey features daily bus adventures all over the Bay Area with your Midrasha friends and our visiting Israeli friends from Holtz Academy. This year’s itinerary will take us to Six Flags, Point Reyes overnight retreat, ziplining in the Redwoods, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, the Exploratorium, Chinatown, Stanford, UC Berkeley and so much more! Hosting a pair of Israeli teens is not required to participate, but it does deepen your teen’s (and your family's) experience.
Note: More information can also be found online at https://www.ccmidrasha.com/mifgash
Summer Adventure Payment Options:
Scroll to the Registration section below for specific itineraries/programming, packages, and prices.
- Option #1 - The Whole Shebang! $995 (savings of $117)
- Option #2 - Daily options (prices range from $36 - $285)
Use one of these options:
- Want to pay by check? Use code, “check” to mail us a check instead of paying by credit card today. Mail the check to Contra Costa Midrasha 25 Hillcroft Way - Walnut Creek, CA 94597.
- Did you already make a deposit? Use code, "2023deposit" for the $180 credit.
- Do you have a Six Flags season pass? Use the code, "6flags" for a $47 credit towards July 28th.
- Can't sign up for the whole week, but plan to attend 2 days or more? Use code, "eser" (ten in Hebrew) to get 10% off for 2 days or more.
- Need to arrange a scholarship, financial aid, or a payment plan? Use code "community" and we will follow up within 2-3 business days to make an individualized plan with you.
About the cost of Summer: All fees include daily bus transportation, overnight retreat fees, paying our educational staff, and programming/entrance costs for adventures like ziplining in the Redwoods, ropes course, Exploratorium, Six Flags, Earthquakes soccer game, and more.
Winter in Israel (we go to the Israelis!) - December 27, 2023 - January 8, 2024
Join in with your close Midrasha friends for a chance to get to know Israel from the inside, being hosted by our friends from the Holtz Academy. In past years we've spent time in Haifa, Tel Aviv, and Jerusalem - visiting historical sites, shopping the shuk, seeing museums and so much more. The formal application process will open soon. (Note: Your early registration does not guarantee this teen's spot on the trip. Teens still need to formally apply and then will be accepted by July 15th.)
Registering early enables us to lock in affordable plane tickets, making the overall Winter adventure tuition lower. This $200 deposit will be applied against the full cost and can be refunded (minus a $25 admin fee) if you cancel your spot/s no later than September 1, 2023, or if the teen is not accepted for this year's trip. The cost for the trip is $4100, but everyone is encouraged to apply for the Israel Within Reach grant.
Our goals for Mifgash are to:
- Grow our Jewish teens' relationships with Israel by building friendships between CCM teens and their Israeli peers.
- Strengthen relationships between our teens and the people of Israel
- Educate Israeli teens about Jewish life in the American Jewish Diaspora
- Serve as a catalyst for further Israel-American Diaspora relationship building and programming
- Develop a deeper connection to Israel through personal relationships
- Share our culture and our Jewish lives in America
- Engage in Tikkun Olam (Repairing the world) and Fun (Kef)
Questions?If your questions are not answered here, please contact Mifgash Program Director Julia Babka-Kurzrock at 510-407-6728 [email protected] or CCM's Exectuive Director, Devra Aarons at 925-944-4701 or [email protected].