April 1st Stream Advocacy Workshop at Paddle Stop
Join us to learn how you can help advocate for Missouri's stream resources
Learn to be an advocate for streams and rivers, both locally and at the state and national levels.
Where: Paddle Stop Brewery, 204 Front Street, New Haven, Missouri or join virtually by Zoom
When: Saturday, April 1, 2023. 1:30pm – 4 pm. Participants should arrive by 1:20 pm.
- PFAS - current status and efforts by Missouri DNR And EPA - John Hoke, acting Water Pollution Program Director, Missouri DNR
- The plastic pollution problem and how we can become advocates - Dana Ripper, Missouri River Bird Observatory
- Federal legislation of interest and how to advocate
- 2023 Missouri state legislation of interest
- Clean Water Day at the Capitol - where, when, and how you can participate
- Reaching your legislators with effective communication