Heart of Harvest 2023 VOLUNTEER
In partnership with Oak Cliff Veggie Project, Crossroads Community Services and Credit Union of Texas, For Oak Cliff is hosting our annual Thanksgiving family food distribution, Heart of Harvest. We will bless 100 families with donations of food and gift cards to ensure a warm and bountiful holiday season, powered by our volunteers. Participating families are enrolled in other programs at For Oak Cliff such as GED and phlebotomy classes, out of school time programs, and rent/utility assistance.
VOLUNTEER SHIFTS & DUTIES:
1) Thursday, November 16 - 4-6pm
- unloading truck of dry goods
- sorting and packing bags of groceries for families
- Please note this role require an individual to lift up to 40 lbs at a time
2) Saturday, November 18 - 7am-12pm
- set up event
- distribute food to families in drive-thru
- smile, dance, serve families
- manage traffic flow
- data intake and check in
- break down
- clean up
- Please note some of these roles such as distributing food requires being able to life up to 40 lbs at a time
Reach out to [email protected] with any questions.
Families who are part of our existing programs may be eligible to receive food distribution through Heart of Harvest. Please contact your program director for more information.