Launched in 2002 the annual Ventura County Housing Conference mission was and still is to provide a practical, action-oriented symposium that results in:
• New and improved programs, tools and solutions for housing creation at all levels, especially at lower income levels,
• Greater understanding of issues surrounding housing in the region, and
• Enriched partnerships and cooperation between organizations and individuals.
This year’s Conference has a focus on FORWARD MOMENTUM: advancing housing solutions in Ventura County. Concentrating on areas poised for immediate action, conference highlights include:
• Breakout discussion groups focused on 5 hot-topic housing issues
• Panel discussion by local housing advocacy groups.
• Keynote: What does all the housing data mean?
• Examination of two innovative projects and their application elsewhere
• Two networking sessions for attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors
• Video recording all presentations (proposed with sufficient funding)
• Conclude with a practical Call to Action
Your support for this conference does indeed effect positive change in local housing development, especially in the lives of lower-income and often overlooked individuals and families. It also has transformative impacts on other parts of the community, business environment, jobs, traffic, resource use and more. Thank you for being involved in the community.