Foam Rolling Basics December
About this course:
In these workshops, participants will:
- Learn safe and effective foam rollings techniques to melt away tension.
- Learn how to use the foam roller for deeper stretches.
- Gain a better understanding of the anatomy and function of the muscles.
- Gain insights into the possible causes of pain (repetitive movements, muscular imbalances, poor posture, previous injuries, etc.).
Benefits of self-myofascial include:
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Decreases muscle tension
- Improves circulation
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
- Enhances respiratory function
- Improves muscle function
- Reduces muscle soreness
Participants will need a 36” foam roller AND a tennis or lacrosse ball
The course will be taught virtually via Zoom. Saturday,10:00 am PST to 11:30 am PST
December 17, 2022
Sliding Scale with a donation for DAYA Foundation's Prison Yoga Outreach and Teacher Training Programs. We prioritize accessibility AND we appreciate students responsibly choosing the level of their own contribution for the investment in this course.
Reciprocity: $50 Your investment contribution helps us to offer scholarships to students who are strong candidates for our Prison Yoga Teacher Training but who do not have the financial means to invest in it. These students have commitments to service to the greater good.
Mutuality: $35 Your investment contribution helps us to provide ongoing mentorship to our Prison Yoga Teachers to support them as they lead yoga classes inside Oregon's prisons.
Accessibility: $20 We are honored to support you to attend this training and to utilize the skills gained in the service work you intend to do.
About Your Teacher: Sadie Barr, RYT500 Sadie is a 500-hour certified yoga teacher, meditation teacher, Ayurvedic practitioner, and recovery coach with a B.S. in psychology. Her classes are a melding pot of yoga philosophy, recovery principles, and life on life's terms. She teaches slow flows and restorative yoga to balance the nervous system.