Volunteer for the 2023 Expo
Your local food community needs your help!
Eat Local + Organic Volunteer Registration
The Eat Local and Organic Expo is an annual event held in spring to kick off farmers market season and promote local and organic farmers, ranchers and artisans who are vital to our region’s local food system. The Expo began in 1988 and was led by a group of food advocates and local and organic farmers & ranchers who formed the KC Food Circle. In 2020 KC Healthy Kids adopted the KC Food Circle. We are excited to announce that the Expo will be held at Johnson County Community College on Saturday April 1, 2023 from 8am-2pm.
Here's some basic info. Scroll down for specific volunteer positions.
- This free event will include speakers, learning activities, shopping with the Food Circle farmers, and promoting local food organizations.
- Volunteer shifts will be in 3 hour increments and will begin at 6am and conclude at 3pm. Volunteers may pick more than one shift. We encourage you to enjoy the Expo once your shift is complete!
- Volunteers are most needed for morning set up and afternoon breakdown of the Expo.
- Snacks and refreshments will be provided for volunteers in the VIP Room.
- Although this is an indoor event, some volunteer positions will require you to be outdoors. Please wear closed-toed shoes and be prepared to dress for the weather.
We appreciate your contribution to the Eat Local + Organic Expo! Your assistance helps support farmers and strengthens our local food economy!