2023 (DG) Convening: The Universality of Art-Making
Connecting the power of universal artistic experiences
Saturday, September 30 -
Sunday, October 1
- (DG) Members: Check your email for your exclusive promo code. Select registration option "(DG) Members Only - ATTENDEE REGISTRATION - requires promo code" below, then enter the exclusive code on the payment page of registration. Contact Sisi at [email protected] if you need assistance.
- General Public/Non-Members: Suggested registration fee is $100. The registration fee is based on a sliding scale from $25 to $100 (see options below). In effort to create the most financially accessible opportunity for attendees, we ask that you pick the price that works best for you.
How can directors recognize and embrace universal artistic practices?
This fall, gather virtually at the 2023 (DG) Convening to explore how theatre directors have the power to enrich their humanity and artistry through exposure to varied expressions of artistic practice.
The Attendee Registration includes a single entry into all Convening events, including:
- (DG) Salon: A special welcome for (DG) members to the Convening and an offering of space and community, to reflect on a wide range of director-centric topics.
- (DG) Seminar: A (DG) Studio two-hour experience offering guidance and expertise to build up your professional life. This program is a thoughtful sharing on the concepts of the directorial craft as it relates to creative processing in another medium.
- (DG) Keynote + Gathering: The Keynote address will set the tone for this year's theme at the Convening and offer a prompt to arouse discussion and action amongst the attendees. The (DG) Gathering at the Convening, directly following the Keynote, is a social event meant to gather theater artists and offer an opportunity for facilitated conversation in response to the Keynote speech.
- (DG) Pick-Up Class**: A (DG) Studio experience that offers skills for directors to take with them into their processes. Limited seating. This workshop will feature instruction on a skill that is atypical to directing practicum and find alignment in both.
- (DG) Roundtable: A (DG) Digital hour-long conversation among directors and artmakers from other artistic medium discussing the parallels of their crafts.
+BONUS for All Attendees:
- (DG) Membership for rest of 2023: If you are not currently a (DG) Director or Collaborator Member, your registration includes a membership of your choice for the remainder of 2023. Please make sure to select your preferred membership type during the online registration process.
- Mighty Networks: Exclusive access to the (DG) Mighty Networks, a welcoming, centralized location for members to meaningfully connect with one another and for (DG) to share relevant opportunities and resources for directors.
- (DG) Circle: A digital copy of the quarterly (DG) journal: Convening Special Issue.
**The (DG) Pick-Up Class has limited seating for the Participants. Participation seats are available on a "first come, first served" based on when you register for the Convening. Once the participation capacity has been met, anyone who registers for the Convening will be admitted as an Observer to the session.