· Thank you for donating your time to help us clothe children in need at this year’s Around the Block Arlington event at KOHL’S.
Saturday, November 11th, 6:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Prior to the event:
· The location of the Around the Block Arlington event is KOHL’S at 5410 S Cooper St, Arlington, TX 76017
· Dress warm (you will be outside for part of event).
Day of the event: 11/4 (Saturday)
· Check in at the at the registration table inside of KOHLS, starting at 6:30 am. You will receive a red volunteer t-shirt or green if you are Spanish-speaking bilingual, and then given your volunteer placement.
· 2 Volunteers will be greeting and controlling the flow of traffic. The families can be directed to the appropriate line (7:00, 8:00, 9:00). Note: If a family comes earlier than their designated shopping time, they will be asked to wait in their car until the appropriate time.
· 2 Volunteers will then help Rachel put together volunteer clipboards which will include store map, shopper worksheet (to keep track on money spent), and volunteer guideline.
· Once in line, the partner agencies will verify family information and give them a wrist band indicating the dollar value that can be spent. From 1=$100, 2=$200, etc. The wristbands are only good for clothing and shoes. We are staggering the times/number of people in the store at any given time.
· Volunteers will line up opposite of families in front of KOHL’S check out just inside the store and will be paired up to go shopping. Each child has $100 to spend. Do not go over the $100 per child.
· 4 Volunteers will be assigned to the book table and shoe table, where they will give the families the shoes (which will be separated by boy/girl and sizes), a book and a backpack.
· Volunteers will also help refold clothes, maintain the clothes racks and clean up as needed.
· When you take your families to the check-out line after shopping, please let them know they are not able to leave the register to get additional items. This causes back-up of the registers. Have them be sure of what they choose/and know how much has been spent so they do not cause a delay.
· Once families clear the cashier line, they will be directed to the book and shoe tables where they will receive their shoes, books, and backpacks. If you have any questions during the event, just look for team members wearing blue t-shirts.
Thank you again for supporting Kids Matter and volunteering your time. It is because of individuals like you that we are able to help these children.