Construction Exploration and Training Collaborative encourage youth exploration and adult training in construction trades and the built environment. The Collaborative is led by HOME and the Ventura County Contractors Association in partnership with other education, industry and community stakeholders, including: EP Consulting, Hansen Plumbing, Fence Factory, College of the Canyons, and more.
There are many exciting ways to be involved in this new endevour:
- Be a Fund Benefactor with a donation or grant
1) Explore - opportunities during, after and out of school, construction camps, hands-on projects
2) Train - 150 CORE (NCCER) credential program - basic skills for entry-level or further specialization, OSHA-10 certificate program.
3) Connect - help build a partially constructed demonstration home-on-wheels for community engagement, exploration and training.
- Share your expertise and skills as a trainer, educator, liaison, fundraiser, grant writer, or media professional
- Assist with on-job experiences, internships, specialization training and job placement
- Stay informed of the program's progress and acheivements; share the news with others.