Connect & Create with Your Puppet Community!
On Your Mark, Get Set...GOAL!
Do you have puppet projects on your mind? A puppet to puzzle out? Connect with your National Capital Puppetry Guild to build community AND move your work forward. We gather together over a weekend for goal-setting, progress reports, breakout rooms, exchange of resources AND knowledge -- you name it! Be energized and stay connected to your puppetry community.
To keep things accessible, you can choose to make a donation in any amount that works for you OR register for free. We do this by the honor system and ask that you pay as you are able. We value each donation, but we value our members ability to participate most of all! All participants will receive Zoom Links the Wednesday prior to the event.
This Mech-a-thon will be co-lead by experienced builders with decades of experience from our community. Come and pick their brains and the brains of the other participants!
Our proposed schedule is as follows with all times listed in EST (GMT-5):
Friday, October 27, 2023:
- 2 pm - 3 pm: Early Kick-off (to accommodate our overseas members)
- 5 pm - 6:30 pm: Evening Kick - off
- 7pm - 8 pm: More time to connect and extra hours for our Night Owls; Final Check-in for those who could not make it earlier.
Saturday, October 28, 2023:
- 9:30 am - 10:30 am: State your intentions and get going; optional break out rooms.
- 12 pm: Lunch on your own
- 1:30 -4:30 pm: (Optional) Virtual co-working in Creative Break-out Zooms
- 5 pm: Check-in (quick, with a priority on our international participants)
- 6-8 pm: (Optional) Independent Working/Dinner/Break/Brainstorming with a partner
- 8 pm: Evening Check-in
Sunday, October 29, 2022:
- 10 am - 10:30am: Final intentions/Re-evaluation goals
- 12:30 pm: Lunch on your own
- 1pm - 3pm: Overseas Final Gathering and/or Work Independently
- 4pm-5:30pm: Final Gathering & Sharing