Trees reserved through this form will be picked up at:
NE TN Research Center
Hosted by: Big Spring Master Gardeners
2255 E. Allens Bridge Road, Greeneville, TN 37743
Friday, March 15: 3am - 6pm
Saturday, March 16: 10am - noon
If this is not where you want to pick up your trees, click here to return to the pick-up locations map and select a different pick-up location. We cannot send trees to a different location once your order is placed.
Tennessee Tree Day 2024 is the largest community tree-planting project of its kind in America, taking place on Saturday, March 16, 2024. You and other Tennessee residents will collectively pick up and plant more than 100,000 native tree seedlings in all 95 Tennessee counties during the weekend of March 16th. The trees are yours to plant on your own property and will enhance our environment and communities for generations to come!
Tree Day is a project of Tennessee Environmental Council (TEC), a nonprofit organization. We depend on your support to make this event possible. Tree seedlings are available for a suggested donation ranging from $.99 to $4.99. If you cannot afford to make a donation at this time, visit the Tree Day homepage where you may apply for a scholarship for discounted or complimentary trees. Tree seedlings are bare-root (see example below), less than one year old, and may range in size from 1 to 4 feet, depending on the species. We cannot accept cash donations for trees at the pick-up sites, so trees must be reserved and paid for through this form by March 4, 2024.
Before you scroll down and click "reserve trees," review our terms and conditions:
- You agree to pick up your tree seedlings from the location above during the day(s) and times listed and plant them as soon as possible. You understand that if you fail to pick them up during the published times, you may not be able to pick up the trees, and they may be donated to someone else.
- Mark Your Calendar! You understand that it is your responsibility to note your pick-up location address & hours of operation and to save this information for your reference later. We recommend writing it down or putting it in your calendar NOW as you complete registration. On Pick-up day, our staff will be distributing trees and will not be available by phone or email to help you find this information, but you can find all of the needed information here.
- Once you pick up your baby trees, keep the roots of your bare-root seedlings wrapped and moist at all times until your trees are planted.
- Once you commit to picking up your trees at a specific location, we cannot send them to another location. Be sure you have selected the pick-up location most convenient to you before proceeding.
- You understand this is a nonprofit volunteer activity intended to improve our environment.
- You acknowledge that you have the physical capacity reasonably necessary to engage in this activity.
- You waive all claims that you might have against TEC, its agents, employees, sponsoring organizations, or other volunteers for bodily injuries that you might suffer arising out of your participation.
- You understand that pick-up site leaders are volunteers and are not employees of TEC.
- You understand that if an extraordinary event beyond our control occurs, including but not limited to fire, flood, tornado, earthquake, lightning, explosion, strike, shortage of energy supplies, pandemic, riot, and acts of governmental action prohibiting or impeding any party from performing its respective obligations for this event, we will do our best to deliver your trees during the agreed-upon day and time but may need to delay tree delivery. The extreme weather alternative date is March 23, 2024. In the unlikely event that we need to change the date, we will announce it through email, text, and on our website ahead of time.
- Double-check the spelling of your email address when checking out. If you do not receive a confirmation receipt but see a charge on your credit card, it means you have typed the wrong email address, or the receipt went to your junk mail folder. Please check there before contacting us. If you do not see a charge on your credit card, your order did not go through, and you must try again.
- You understand that it is advisable to call 811 approximately 10 days before digging to avoid unintentionally hitting an underground utility line.
- You will do your best to plant the right tree in the right place to avoid planting larger trees beneath utility lines.
- Your information is confidential and will not be shared. We will not send you mail.
Click here to see Tree Day sponsors!