WELCOME! This inaugural Annual Fund covers essential costs for continuing PUSH's mission to improve maternal health experiences and outcomes through a trusted partnership and support system. As our programs and services expand, it is through individual donations that the organization can continue its innovative approach toward maternal wellness for all moms, no matter their ZIP code. Help us achieve our vision of a healthy birth experience for every woman, every child, and every family. Contributions to the Annual Fund enables us to:
- Ensure the timely response to moms and moms-to-be who reach out to the organization.
- Offer care management and coordination to birthing families.
- Connect clients to trained and certified community health workers and birth professionals for added support.
- Partner with families to help create the healthiest environment for both mom and baby to thrive.
- Pay for the equipment and applications to effectively communicate and follow-up with clients.
- Develop evidence-based resources to help inform and better prepare individuals and families.
- Increase accessibility of birth workers such as doulas to those who are economically disadvantaged.
- Work collaboratively with medical providers and facilities through two-way training initiatives.
- Host peer-to-peer support groups for families, including maternal mental health services.
- Help minimize the burden on doctors, nurses, and the healthcare system through continuum of care support.
- Expand and retain the CHW and doula workforce to assist more families before, during, and after pregnancy.
- And much more!
WHY WE PUSH:
Pregnancy should be a joyous experience, but this is a false reality for many women around the world, including the United States. Far too many new and expectant mothers die in the U.S. each year from pregnancy-related complications while an additional 65,000+ women experience life-threatening postpartum complications. Women of color are at increased risk of adverse outcomes during and after pregnancy, despite socioeconomic status. Pregnancy-related deaths can occur during pregnancy, delivery, or up to a year after pregnancy. Studies within the past two years reveal that over 80% of these deaths are preventable. The preventable rate rises to 90% for families in states like Texas (2022 Maternal Mortality and Morbidity Review Committee and Department of State Health Services Joint Biennial Report).
YOUR SUPPORT MATTERS:
The work we do and the support
we render as community health workers (CHW), public health professionals, perinatal
care providers, advocates, and community partners, would not be possible
without the generous support from individuals, organizations, and community
leaders. The maternal health
crisis has been a growing concern for decades. The short- and
long-term implications of the COVID-19 pandemic exacerbated this issue. Now
more than ever, women and birthing families need quality care and a trusted
PUSH Birth Partners® (DBA, PUSH) is a U.S. registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
EIN registration number:
All contributions in support of PUSH are tax deductible as allowed by law.
P.O. Box 1842
Pearland, TX 77588
New Mailing Address (effective January 1, 2024):
9801 Westheimer Rd., Suite 300
Houston, TX 77042
Questions? Email us at [email protected]