This #GivingTuesday please donate to #KeepKidsMakingBeats in 2024
At Today’s Future Sound (TFS), we believe that Hip Hop music and culture can be a powerful vehicle to change a young person’s life.
Kids need mental health support now more than ever, but nothing works if they don’t show up or they don’t engage with the practitioner. Our Beat Making classes are fun, educational, and because of our trained leaders, therapeutic and healing.
Our groups meet kids where they are, on their headphones, and offer a culturally responsive, educational, therapeutic, and social intervention that helps them develop healthy ways to deal with stress and trauma.
Our Impact in 2023
- 2000+ kids spent 2000 hours with our instructors learning beats and making tracks
- Kids made 364 beat tracks on 17 albums available for download on BandCamp
- Lead Instructors worked at 2 juvenile halls, providing TBM groups to kids who truly need it most
- Our team took #TEAMBeats to Argentina and Mexico, to train musicians and rappers to work with kids in Buenos Aires and Pueblo
- Our director shared the latest research on Hip Hop music interventions, with mental health practitioners at The Next 50 years of Hip Hop Conference
We need your help to #KeepKidsMakingBeats in 2024. Your gift will:
- Keep kids in juvenile detention working with our highly trained instructors
- Expand our workshops to more students in Oakland
- Train more youth development professionals in our model
- Bring joy to students in schools and community settings
What the Kids Say
“I feel good when making music and it takes me away from distraction”
“I learned if I want to do something hard, I can”
“Making beats is the best day ever!”
What the Teachers Say