Sanctuary members and friends have participated in annual volunteer trips to the Pine Ridge reservation in South Dakota since 2012. Volunteers work with Re-Member, a non-profit organization founded by a UCC minister and based on Pine Ridge, as well as other reservation-based organizations on building and community projects for the benefit of tribal members.
The relationships formed over these years inspired members to build the LakotaYouthStay Program, which brings youth from Pine Ridge to Boston for a cultural exchange.
Summer 2018 Volunteer Trip Plans:
- The Trip will take place July 07 through July 13, 2017 (The Lakota youth from Pine Ridge will be in Medford/Boston July 17 - 25)
- The Total cost for the Remember Trip is $ 600.60 (this does not include your travel expenses)
- Optional Ground Transportation from Rapid City Airport to Pine Ridge is an additional $ 75.00.
- An initial non-refundable deposit of $ 200.00 will be due upon registration.
- Watch here for the deadline for registration - approximately September 15.
- The Balance of fees will be due in January or February of 2018.
- "Support the Volunteers" with a donation to help with our volunteer work with ReMember and the Pine Ridge reservation; or
- Make A Payment to Register for the 2018 Trip; or
- "Join Our Mailing List" at the bottom of this page for information on future volunteer trips. Come along with us and experience a life changing journey. A trip coordinator will get in touch with you.
A Trip to Re-Member
Over the years, Sanctuary
members have been honored to meet and developed relationships with people on
Pine Ridge and visit a land of striking beauty with a vibrant, flourishing indigenous culture. As we learned about the rich history of the
Lakota people, the volunteers were deeply moved by the experience and returned
to Medford as changed people determined to do more to stand in solidarity with
the people on the reservation.