Pet Partners Team Evaluations
These are individual evaluations of human-animal teams who have taken the Pet Partners Online Handler Training Course and believe they have the skills and aptitude to become a visiting therapy team. Though it is not a requirement, we encourage handlers to take the Therapy Animals of Utah Fur-Real Handler Practicum before signing up for their team evaluation in order to better prepare themselves for this friendly but rigorous test.
In order to sign up for a team evaluation, there are 5 steps:
1. Make sure you’ve had your handler training. First sign up for the Pet Partners Online
Handler Training Class— click here: http://petpartners.org/
2. We also recommend (but do not require) you take our Fur-Real Hands-on Handler
Practicum– click here: https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MjI0MDI=
3. Go to the Therapy Animals of Utah website calendar and find the date that works for
you— click here: https://www.therapyanimalsutah.org/calendar.html
Make sure you click on the date to find out if there is an opening.
4. Email mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
to request your evaluation appointment. As soon as you have your appointment, go to step 5.
5. Log in to your Pet Partners webpage again, go to “Start a Team Registration” or “My
Registrations”, and sign up in the training center for the evaluation date when you have
your appointment. Click here: http://petpartners.org/
If you get stuck on their website, call Pet Partners customer service at 425-679-5530.
Two more documents that you may find helpful: