The 9th annual Hoboken Chili Cook Off & Homebrew Contest, hosted by TRUE Mentors, Hoboken's only one-to-one mentoring program. Help us raise $20,000 and support our mentoring program. Join us on Saturday, March 10th, 2018 and bring your taste buds and best beer-drinking buddies to Our Lady of Grace, located on the corner of 4th and Willow. The Battle in the Boken' takes place from 2-6pm. Enjoy live music by Gravy Train, chili and beer samples and of course some heated competition!
100% of the proceeds go directly towards the children of Hoboken!
Purchase Tickets Here
The Chili & Homebrew contest is FREE to enter. The competitions are judged separately; each category a separate judges panel. The categories this year are:
- Judges Choice
- Fan Favorite
- Brewer's Choice
The Judges Panel will award 1st and 2nd place prizes to the top chili & beer entries.
The Fan Favorite awarded to the Chili & Beer chosen by the fans!
Winners of the Judges Choice & Fan Favorite Award Winners will receive gift certificates from local Hoboken businesses, a trophy and of course the glory of winning the 2018 Battle in the Boken'
Last year we had over $3K in prizes and raised $16,000 for the children of Hoboken!
Your donations make a difference. Help support a great cause and make this year our best fundraiser yet! #itsforthekids
Tickets - $45
Cash/Credit/Debit will be accepted at the door.
If you would like to sponsor the event, check out our sponsorship options online or email email@example.com for more information.
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. To enter you must register online.
2. Entry fee is free to submit chili/beer. We just ask that you make enough chili to fill two regular size crock-pots of chili or more. We expect a large number of guests and you will be serving each guest a 3 oz serving. Beer contestants will have their beer(s) judged at the competition this year. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
3. Each chili team/homebrew team includes two general admission tickets. If you have more than 2 people on your team we ask that they buy an admission ticket. All proceeds go directly towards TRUE Mentors, a mentoring program for kids.
4. Chili must be brought to the Our Lady of Grace Gym at 411 Willow Ave in your CROCK POTS by 12:30 PM Saturday March 10th. You will have space to set-up your chili on a table. Please bring an extension cord and power strip.
5. Each chili team must man and distribute their chili to general attendees. Please bring your own serving spoon or ladle, power strip and extension cord.
6. You must label your chili with the kind of chili you made and spice temperature. You do not have to list the ingredients, but should have them available in case of allergies.
Beef Chili/ Hot
Turkey Chili/ 4 Alarm Fire
Chicken Chili/ Mild
7. You can also "name" your chili such as Southwest or Texas or give it a creative team name. All names MUST be considered appropriate.
8. Bring a list of your ingredients (not for display) just in case someone with allergies asks for a list, you do not have to list quantities of ingredients.
Habanero Pepper Sponsors - $1,000
Serrano Pepper Sponsors - $500
HomeBrew Contest Sponsors
After Party Sponsored by