Mon, Feb 12, 6:30-8pm
Join Matt and Jaime from Oakland-based Treehouse Taxes as they walk through the complexities (and simplicities) of filing taxes as an independent contractor or sole proprietor.
Topics will include:
- What is taxable income? (1099's vs W-2's, Venmo, Kickstarter, and other types of income)
- How to treat money received from a fiscal sponsor?
- What expenses are deductible? (from Accounting costs to Zip car rental)
- Should I pay quarterly estimated taxes and how do I figure out how much?
- The ugly stuff and how to avoid it (penalties, interest, liens, etc.)
- Should I file on my own? Yes! no? Maybe.
There will be time built into the workshop to answer your specific questions, too.
Learn more about Treehouse Taxes
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!