ERP Rhino Programme
The ERP Rhino Relocation & Protection Programme
In order to make a donation via an Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), contact us at email@example.com.
Due to the significant rise in poaching incidents, the number of rhino victims are rapidly increasing.
With the ERP rhino programme, we are able to lead and fund rhino rescue, research and protection initiatives that may result in a higher chance of survival for this species.
CORE ACTIVITIES OF THE ERP RHINO PROGRAMME:
- Monitoring and Protection of rhino through the use of drones and other security methods, in various game reserves throughout South Africa
- Dehorning of rhinos that could become victims to poaching
- Range Expansion projects to help reserves provide larger habitats for rhinos specifically
- Relocation of injured or threatened rhino
- Research on rhino orphans and their behavioural differences compared to those in the wild
SOME OF THE PROJECTS THAT WE HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN TO DATE:
- Protection of rhino and other endangered species within the Rietvlei Dam Nature Reserve through full-time drone surveillance and partnering with well-known armed response company, Bull Security
- Dehorning of 12 rhino within Rietvlei Dam Nature Reserve
- ERP Rangers assigned to monitor various Nature Reserves
- 12km of fencing removed to enlarge roaming grounds for black Rhino in Dinokeng Game Reserve
- Telemetry equipment provided to monitor rhino
- Implementation of drone protection project at Dinokeng Game Reserve
- Madikwe expansion project underway to extend reserve by 7000 hectares
- Successful relocation of Seha, a poaching victim who survived a brutal attack and has since birthed two calves