Paint the Void
A member of Intersection for the Arts
Paint the Void is a Bay Area initiative to keep artists engaged and paid as guardians of hope and beauty in the wake of Covid-19. We match businesses with local artists to beautify boarded up storefronts.
In just 3 months Paint the Void has:
· Painted Murals on 95+ boarded up businesses + 1 bus!
· Funded 95+ artists
· Raised $80,000+ to produce almost 100 murals total in San Francisco, Oakland and Berkeley
· Partnered with 10 neighborhood and business associations
· Created 3 short films documenting our work. Check out one of a project about Health Care Workers & Art
· Sponsored an $8,000 grant to Endeavors, an Oakland based arts organization focusing on Black Lives Matter initiatives. These funds helped to support the creation of two permanent murals and the growth and development of the organization.
Our Mission is to:
· Beautify and uplift our neighborhoods, create a sense of pride and a hopeful sense of space during the times of Covid-19.
· Create economic opportunity for visual artists so that they can survive this time of unprecedented unemployment.
· Celebrate local culture through enrichment and representation by amplifying marginalized voices.
· Elevate the Bay Area to the next level of becoming a world class cultural force.
· Use the power of art to facilitate public dialogue.
· More focused projects for community murals, youth engagement murals and larger projects in our pipeline.
· Creating a coffee table book to document and archive the huge effort of all our artists and volunteers to create the first 100 murals!
· We are hoping to host an exhibit to view the murals as they come down and celebrate with all of you!
We need your help to rejuvenate the Bay Area! Please consider donating and/or sharing the campaign on social media. Thank you!