Food Vendor for Taste of Michigan City 2018
Thank you for your interest in Michigan City Mainstreet Association’s Annual Taste of Michigan City. This will be a two-day event on August 3rd, 2018 from 4:00 pm. to 11:00 pm. and August 4th, 2018 from 12:00 pm. to 10:00 pm. and will take place in the Uptown Arts District in downtown Michigan City. The Super Boat parade will be at 6:00 pm on Saturday. Live entertainment, local breweries, and countless visitors will make this event the place to be if you own or operate a restaurant in the Michigan City area.
To be considered an eligible participant, all interested parties must be a restaurant or food vendor business registered with the Indiana or Michigan Secretary of State and operated within a 25 mile radius of the Michigan City Uptown Arts District.
All participants shall complete this online registration (including payment) prior to July 17th, 2017. Registrations will not be accepted after July 17th, 2017. In order for a registration to be considered complete, the following items shall be provided:
- Non-refundable registration fee paid through this online form. No checks or cash will be accepted.
- Original certificate of insurance evidencing the following insurance minimums: Commercial General Liability $1,000,000 per occurrence (naming the City of Michigan City and the MCMA as additional insured); Automobile liability $500,000 per occurrence; and Property (replacement) coverage.
All registered vendors shall:
- Abide by all federal, state, and local requirements.
- Hold harmless the Michigan City Mainstreet Association from all injuries or claims arising from this event.
- Provide their own 10 x 10 tent (preferably white) or other approved structure, extension cords for power, lighting, tables, fire extinguisher, and chairs.
- Set up in the stall assigned to that vendor and not infringe upon neighboring vendors.
- Be housed within a separate tent from other vendors, and only the vendor present can be advertised at each tent. No vendors can share a tent.
- Participate in both days of the event.
- Begin setup on Friday after 1:00 p.m. and be ready for the LaPorte County Health Department inspection by 3:00 p.m.
- Begin setup on Saturday after 9:00 a.m. and be set up by 10:00 a.m.
- Portion all of their food items such that they fit in an 8 oz. paper food tray to encourage patrons to taste of all vendors’ offerings.
- Collect and properly dispose of in receptacles all of their own trash at the end of each evening.
- Honor all VIP food tickets presented to the vendor. MCMA will issue VIP Food Tickets to our sponsors and guests. Each ticket will correspond to any single item offered by the vendor. Any vendor that does not comply with this requirement during the event will be removed from the event.
MCMA will host a food vendor meeting within two weeks of the event where we will decide where we will go over event details and field questions, and we will also determine where all of the food vendors will be located on Franklin Street. We will notify all registered food vendors at least a week in advance of this meeting. This meeting will be a discussion with all of the food vendors that are present at this meeting. If you, or a representative of your business, are not present at this meeting, you will forfeit your opportunity to get your preferred spot, and you will be assigned a spot.