"There are 400,000 children in foster care that deserve better. After hearing the statistics, I can not accept the future these innocent children face. I feel called to change the narrative and bring these children hope. I want every child in foster care to know that they matter, that they have a purpose and that they were made for more than they could even imagine. Every child needs to know that love can find them and that they are not alone." – Melissa Lindsley
Watch the founder's story below.
• Nationally, 50% of the homeless population spent time in foster care.
• Young women in foster care are more than 2x as likely as their peers (not in foster care) to become pregnant by age 19.
• Only about 50% of those who age out of care will obtain a high school diploma.
• 97% of children in foster care will not graduate from college, despite the fact that as wards of the state, they receive a full-ride to any state school of their choice.
It has been found that children who take part in the Love Box program:
- Are less likely to move. (Did you know that children in care move, on average, 7 times in 2 years?)
- Perform better in school.
- Are beginning to form attachments.
- Have increased self-worth.
- Have a life plan when they age out. (youth are encouraged to join a branch of service, enroll in college, or enroll in a trade school upon aging out of the system.)
"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much." - Helen Keller.