Haitian Vision Foundation Summer 2018 Mission Trip
The Haitian Vision Foundation (HVF) is working to help Haiti overcome its impoverished state by improving access to education, affordable preventative healthcare, and job creation. In June 2016, we opened a chronic disease clinic that is now serving 322 patients experiencing hypertension, diabetes, and/or epilepsy. These patients attend monthly check-ups with HVF to track their progress and receive medication for the next month. After one year of operation, the HVF clinic documented the following results:
- Provide monthly medication for 322 people with the targeted chronic diseases of diabetes, hypertension and seizures, most of whom were identified at our health screenings.
- 650 children attended our dental conference and received a dental kit containing a toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss.
- Average BMI increase of 3.3 among twenty children with malnourishment enrolled in our Food Supplementation Program over three months.
- Provide HIV screening for 77 patients suspected to have HIV. 32 patients were identified, including 3 pregnant women, and we were able to refer them to a state public hospital for further care.
This coming August, HVF is sending a volunteer team of medical professionals and other support staff to conduct a 5-day preventative care clinic. This clinic will not only support patients enrolled in our ongoing program but will also be equipped to address more acute medical needs in the community.
We are reaching out to you for support to ensure that our medical team can be as effective as possible in meeting the medical needs of the Dondon community.
You can help by donating medical supplies or by making a financial contribution (see the back for payment options and a list of suggested medical supplies). Every donation is tax deductible and every dollar will go directly to support the clinic in Haiti. There’s a great deal to be done and each gift will help us achieve our vision of providing Haitians with opportunities to create their own paths and overcome barriers to success through offering easily accessible education, affordable preventative healthcare, and job creation.
How to support HVF:
- Donate online at http://www.haitianvisionfoundation.com/donate/
- Donate by sending a check to Haitian Vision Foundation,mailing to PO Box 29619, Cleveland, OH44129
- Donate medical supplies: email@example.com to arrange the delivery or pick-up of medical supplies, such as:
- Examination gowns
- Nitrile/latex free gloves
- Cotton balls and alcohol prep pads
- Diabetes testing supplies
- Portable lab equipment (i.e. centrifuge or microscope)
- Portable exam tables
- Hospital cubicle curtains
• HVF is a 501(c)(3) approved charity and all donations are tax deductible.
• Our board is all volunteer and there are no paid US staff- all donations go to Haiti!
• All volunteers on medical mission trips pay their own travel expenses. Again, all donations go to Haiti.
No donation is too small - even $10 provides a month of medication for 4 people with chronic conditions.