safeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST.
safeTALK participants become better able to:
• Notice and respond to situations where suicide thoughts might be present
• Recognize that invitations for help are often overlooked
• Move beyond the common tendency to miss, dismiss, and avoid suicide
• Apply the TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
• Know community resources and how to connect someone with thoughts of suicide to them for further help
Fee: $25 (includes breakfast).
We cannot process refunds within a week of the training.
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!