Welcome to Virginia Farmers Market Association!
The core mission of VAFMA is to support farmers markets through education while building opportunities of collaboration, networking, advocacy, and innovation that supports the growth and sustainability of farmers markets across the Commonwealth.
Your membership pays for itself with savings and special offers that serve you and your market.
ALL LEVELS of membership are annual (January – December) and include these benefits:
- VAFMA members are also members of the Farmers Market Coalition (FMC)
Advance Your Career
- Discount on Conference registration
- Discounts on Trainings & Webinars
- Access to FMC’s members-only webinars
Connect with Your Peers
- Connect with VAFMA’s regional leaders
- Meet other members at regional meetings
- Receive VAFMA’s newsletter
- Receive FMC’s Fresh Picks e-Newsletter
- 20% site wide discount from EZUp (tents, banners, signs and more)
- 5 – 10% off Web & Print Design Services –
- 15% discount on market management software
- $50 discount on initial strategy session with food business consulting (normally $225, reduced to $175 for a 1.5 hour meeting)
Protect Yourself & Your Market
- General liability insurance for your market –
- Directors’ & Officers’ (D&O) Insurance Policy –
- Vendor Liability Insurance –
- Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Long Term Care, Employee Assistance, Voluntary Benefits –
- Insurance: Auto, Home, Life, RV, Umbrella –
- Tax, Accounting, Payroll & Wealth Management Services –
Better Promote & Fund Your Market
- Be included in the Farmers Market Trail Guide in 2022
- Be eligible for fiscal sponsorship by VAFMA
- One-on-One strategy sessions to help you plan a market visit by an elected official
- Reduced fees for market development consulting
- Claim your market on our map and connect it to your website
- Access to National Farmers Market Week promotional tools
- Access to FMC’s Member Only Resources, such as POP Club Guide, Toolkit, and Templates.
Make Your Voice Heard
- VAFMA works for you on the state and national level – members are represented in Richmond and in Washington
- Take member surveys and influence VAFMA’s agenda
- Join grass roots advocacy efforts
- Members are eligible to vote in VAFMA’s membership meeting
Receive Technical Assistance
- Our experienced group of market managers answer questions about everything from starting a farmers market to SNAP/EBT and marketing, food safety, and more
- Technical Assistance is available on a fee-based consulting service for farmers markets, their partners and organizations seeking to understand and support them. Member organizations are eligible for two hours of free technical assistance
Membership is open to anyone who supports farmers markets. There are several levels of membership based on the type of sponsor you are; please note that only Market Members have voting rights.
If you wish to pay by check OR have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.