The Demand Project proudly announces the 3rd annual Beyond Awareness Summit 2019! We're honored to be partnering with Homeland Security Investigations and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children again to bring you this 2 day Summit that focuses on stopping the sex crimes against children and working to restore the lives of sex trafficking victims.
The Beyond Awareness Summit is designed to empower, educate and equip a broad group of people that are committed to the preservation of innocence and that have strong motivation to stop the people that exploit and harm children. Whether you're in the Law Enforcement Community investigating crimes or a First Responder first on the scene or helping a victim in the emergency room or you're in the area of Mental Health, Non-Profit or Social Work - there will be sessions that will be of interest to you.
The 2019 Beyond Awareness Summit will be open to the General Public this year to allow college students, concerned citizens/parents etc...to attend and learn from some of the best teachers and speakers in the area of protecting children and teaching on key areas to protect children and restore the lives of victims affected by sex crimes and sex trafficking.
January 17-18, 2019 - Tulsa Community College - NE Campus
(3727 E Apache St, Tulsa, OK 74115)
The Summit is a 2-day event that will be mainly break-out sessions. The first day there will be a lunch-time panel of experts answering questions from the audience. On the second day there will be a table-topics session during the lunch-time.
Lunch on day one is sponsored by Unit Corporation
Lunch on day two will be available through various food trucks and the TCC cafeteria.
CLEET Certified & CE for Nurses (Oklahoma Nurses Association)
16 hours with 6 hours of mental health - 8 hours for Nurses
For Purchase Orders (PO's) send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Confirmed Speakers
- Special Agent Darren Collins (Homeland Security Investigations)
- Sarolyn Morgan, Victim Assistant Specialist (Homeland Security Investigations)
- Sgt. Todd Evans (Tulsa Police Department)
- Bill Bonham (Tulsa Police Department)
- Kathryn Bell RN (Tulsa Police Department - Forensic Nursing Services)
- Maj. Carol Newell (Broken Arrow Police Department) *retired
- Kenneth Elmore (Tulsa District Attorney's Office)
- TBA (National Center for Missing & Exploited Children)
- Jason Weis (The Demand Project)
- Kristin Weis (The Demand Project)
- Chief Mathias Wicks (Tulsa Public School Police Department)
- Annie Smith (St. John Health System)
- Sara Passamore DO ( University of Oklahoma - Dept. of Pediatrics)
- Sara Coffey DO (OSU Center for Health Sciences - Dept. of Psychiatry)
- Alicia Van Buskirk RN (DHS - Child Welfare State Nurse Manager)
- Anna Mazur PhD. (OSU Behavioral Medicine Clinic - Clinical Assistant Professor)
- Sgt. Clay Asbill (Tulsa Police Department - Forensic Nursing Services)
- Richard Harris (Tulsa County Juvenile Bureau)
- Donna Freeman (Tulsa HIlls Youth Ranch)
- Meg Weinkauf (A21 - Tulsa)
- Kimberly Cole (Younique Foundation)
- Susan Cox (Dayspring Villa)
- Lisa Johnson (author of Ashlyn's Story)
- Darcie Parton-Scoon (Private Investigator)
- Corporal Trace Zeller (Tulsa Police Department)
- Rebecka Snynder (Human Trafficking Survivor)
- Lori Fullbright (News on 6)
- Sharon Doty (Alert Adults)
- Vanessa Reed & Bonnie Nicholls (Youth Services of Tulsa)
- More to be announced...
- Also check back to see hotel information