The 3rd Annual Beyond Awareness Summit 2019
Crimes Against Children and Sex Trafficking
The Demand Project proudly announces the 3rd annual Beyond Awareness Summit 2019! We're honored to be partnering with Homeland Security Investigations and the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children again to bring you this 2 day Summit that focuses on stopping the sex crimes against children and working to restore the lives of sex trafficking victims.
The Beyond Awareness Summit is designed to empower, educate and equip a broad group of people that are committed to the preservation of innocence and that have strong motivation to stop the people that exploit and harm children. Whether you're in the Law Enforcement Community investigating crimes or a First Responder first on the scene or helping a victim in the emergency room or you're in the area of Mental Health, Non-Profit or Social Work - there will be sessions that will be of interest to you.
The 2019 Beyond Awareness Summit will be open to the General Public this year to allow college students, concerned citizens/parents etc...to attend and learn from some of the best teachers and speakers in the area of protecting children and teaching on key areas to protect children and restore the lives of victims affected by sex crimes and sex trafficking.
January 17-18, 2019 - Tulsa Community College - NE Campus
(3727 E Apache St, Tulsa, OK 74115)
The Summit is a 2-day event that will be mainly break-out sessions. The first day there will be a lunch-time panel of experts answering questions from the audience. On the second day there will be a table-topics session during the lunch-time.
Lunch on day one is sponsored by Unit Corporation
Lunch on day two will be available through various food trucks and the TCC cafeteria.
YOU CAN REGISTER ON-SITE - DAY OF with Credit Card
CHECK-IN begins at 7:30am
CLEET Certified & CE for Nurses (Oklahoma Nurses Association)
16 hours with 6 hours of mental health - 8 hours for Nurses
For Purchase Orders (PO's) send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sample of the Classes Offered:
- Sex Trafficking - Knowing the Elements of the Crime
- Predatory Lies in the Gang Culture - 2 part Session
- Search Warrant Writing for Human Trafficking
- How to Conduct Successful UC Online Predator Traveler Cases
- Suspect Interviews and Evidence Assembly
- Human Trafficking Education and Response in the Healthcare Setting
- Trauma Informed Principles: The Importance of Recognizing Trauma in Critical Care
- Sex Trafficking: Insights from a Forensic Nurse
- Sexual Trauma and Adolescent Mental Health
- Lifetime Outcomes after Hypoxic/Anoxic Injuries
- Sextortion - what is it?
- Tulsa Police Department Strangulation Initiative
- Social Media Workshop - Grooming & Luring - Current Trends
- Child Sex Trafficking and Child Sexual Abuse (Differences Between Them)
- Historic Trauma and it's Consideration in Investigations
- Child Abuse Recognition
- The Need Behind the Behavior: What Trauma does to the Brain and Practical Ways You can bring Healing
- Understanding and Protecting Yourself and Loved Ones from Predator Tactics
- Investigating Inappropriate Relationships between Students and Teachers (Tulsa Public Schools)
- Prosecuting Sex Crimes Against Children
- How to Successfully Work and Restore Victims of Sex Trafficking
- Younique Foundation/Defend Innocence
- A Day in the Life of Services offered at DaySpring Villa - Oklahoma's first certified shelter (adult survivors)
- Overview of Mount Arukah - Oklahoma's largest residential facility/program for sex trafficking victims
- More to come...
- Confirmed Speakers
- Special Agent Darren Collins (Homeland Security Investigations)
- Sgt. Todd Evans (Tulsa Police Department)
- Kathryn Bell RN (Tulsa Police Department - Forensic Nursing Services)
- Maj. Carole Newell (Broken Arrow Police Department) *retired
- Kenneth Elmore (Tulsa District Attorney's Office)
- TBA (National Center for Missing & Exploited Children)
- Jason Weis (The Demand Project)
- Kristin Weis (The Demand Project)
- Janine Deal (The Demand Project)
- Chief Mathias Wicks (Tulsa Public School Police Department)
- Annie Smith (St. John Health System)
- Sarah Passmore DO ( University of Oklahoma - Dept. of Pediatrics)
- Sara Coffey DO (OSU Center for Health Sciences - Dept. of Psychiatry)
- Anna Mazur PhD. (OSU Behavioral Medicine Clinic - Clinical Assistant Professor)
- Richard Harris (Tulsa County Juvenile Bureau)
- Donna Freeman (Tulsa HIlls Youth Ranch)
- Kortney Hughes (Younique Foundation)
- Susan Cox (Dayspring Villa)
- Lisa Johnson (author of Ashlyn's Story)
- Darcie Parton-Scoon (Private Investigator)
- Corporal Trace Zeller (Tulsa Police Department)
- Rebecka Snynder (Human Trafficking Survivor)
- Sharon Doty (Alert Adults)
- Vanessa Reed & Bonnie Nicholls (Youth Services of Tulsa)
- See hotel information below...
Hilton Garden Inn
7728 E. Virgin Court
Tulsa, OK 74115
Contact: Londenn Tiller
Registration LINK - USE GROUP CODE - BAP
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!