2 Lives Saved!
There are 22 veterans that commit suicide every day (over 8,000 annually).
A Companion Dog’s primary function is to provide comfort and emotional support. They help the hero coping with psychological trauma because they require the hero to focus on the dog’s needs. Being walked, fed, groomed and played with redirects the hero’s focus from their troubles to that of the dog, helping the hero regain a sense of purpose. This leads to the hero in becoming active in his or her community. In addition to the amount of 22 daily suicides, one shelter dog is euthanized every 8 seconds (over 3 million annually). Companions for Heroes (C4H) has one overarching goal – to help and save as many heroes and shelter dogs as it is able.
C4H offers its services to the following:
- Active Duty Military, Reserve, and National Guard
- Military Veterans (Honorable or Other Than Honorable Discharge)
- Gold Star Families
- Military Spouses
- Law Enforcement (Retired and Active)
- First-Responders (Retired and Active)
- Registered Nurses and Medical Doctors (Trauma and Emergency)
C4H is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. C4H’s federal ID number for donations is: #27-0648741.