The Glut1 Deficiency Foundation is pleased to present our 8th biennial conference on Glut1 Deficiency. The conference is a unique opportunity to bring together patients, families, healthcare professionals, and other stakeholders to meet, share, and learn about Glut1 Deficiency. We plan engagement opportunities to cover a wide range of topics. Please check our website for agenda updates, and find the general schedule below:
- Wednesday, July 10th: evening social event (Red Carpet Celebration)
- Thursday, July 11th: full day of conference sessions, poster session, and evening social event with Koo Koo Kanga Roo
- Friday, July 12th: full day of conference sessions and evening social event (Twilight Monument Tour - separate ticket required)
- Saturday, July 13th: morning social event (US Capitol Building Tour planned - separate ticket required)
About This Registration
Register to meet, share, and learn with us at our 8th Biennial Conference on Glut1 Deficiency! We are thrilled to have you join us!
- Registration will close on July 1st.
- Note that the Twilight Monument Tour and US Capitol Tour will be ticketed events and require separate registration.
- All other social events are included in the conference registration price.
- Buffet breakfast, lunch, and coffee breaks are included on Thursday and Friday.
TWILIGHT MONUMENT AND US CAPITOL TOUR REGISTRATION
Join us for two special social outings with our Glut1 Deficiency family!
Both tours are included in the $35 ticket price.
Friday, July 12th: Twilight Monument Tour
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Friday night's social event will be a Twilight Monument Tour around Washington, DC. Tours will be led by professional guides and transportation will be by chartered bus with wheelchair access and restrooms on board. We will be picked up at the conference hotel at 6:30 pm and dropped off there around 9:30 pm. This tour is a great way to see the highlights of the city and the beautiful monuments by twilight, with several stops for closer exploration scheduled along the route.
Saturday, July 13th: Group Tours of the US Capitol Building
9:00 am - 1:00 pm (times approximate)
Saturday morning's US Capitol Building Tour will be chartered bus transportation between the conference hotel and the Capitol building. It takes approximately 30 minutes to clear security, and then there's a 15 minute video to start the tour. The guided walking portion is approximately 45 minutes. There will be extra time at the Capitol for the gift shop, cafeteria, and some exploring while on the Capitol grounds. Official tour reservations cannot be made sooner than 4 months in advance, so the exact times are not yet confirmed. Senator Rand Paul's office is working with us to organize the reservations for our group. The Capitol grounds and the tour are fully accessible, and there are approximately 30 wheelchairs that can be checked out for use while there (photo ID required to check out).