More Than a Garden: The power of food equity
It takes one minute and eight seconds to see WHY you can help
From backyards to front yards, from community gardening hubs to small urban spaces in the Westside of Atlanta, we are filling the gaps left behind, we revitalize the Historic Westside Neighborhoods through the power of home food gardening.
You hear all the time about people living in "food desert" , here is what you can do...
For $5 monthly donation ( or more!) you can add your voice for food justice and health equity,
Five sustainers buy a cubic bag of good soil for home food gardeners....
a gardener in the Westside save an average of $92 by avoiding the cost to go to a retail grocery store ...
Your generosity increases fairness in the world 🍀☘️🍁🌹
Give to HWG
or participate in Giving Tuesdays
We will put your generosity to work:
- A raised bed with tools, seeds, soil, cedar wood (to last) = $ 200
- A cubic yard Yellow Bag of soil or mulch = $145
- Complete installation of the raised bed by Garden Angels= $84
- Coaching home visits = $28-$42(depending on the gardener level of skills and knowledge)
- Weekly training the Garden Angels team = $1788 per year
- Garden Trowel = $6.90