You’re about to leave an active session
By leaving this page, your selected item(s) will be released and your session will expire.
Opioid Summit 2018 - October 18, 2018
Opioid Treatment & Abuse Prevention Training
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED. E-MAIL AAndersen@maoi.org WITH QUESTIONS.
This professional development program is being presented through the Alabama AIDS Education & Training Center at the MAO Learning Center
in partnership with
Thursday, October 18, 2018
MAO Learning Center, 2530 Fisk Road, Montgomery, Alabama 36111
8 AM - 4:30 PM
Explore causes, potential issues impacting treatment, and prevention strategies associated with an epidemic facing the State of Alabama and our nation - Opioids! This dynamic professional development experience from Medical Advocacy & Outreach's Division of Capacity Building, Department of Professional Development, in partnership with the MAO Division of Behavioral Health, and the Alabama AIDS Education Training Center (Alabama AETC) offers 6.5 contact hours for social workers and counselors. CME credit is pending. Partial credit will not be offered. To receive continuing education credit for your attendance you must be present for the duration of the activity and complete an immediate post-event evaluation .
Session topics will include:
- Naloxone 101: The Impact on Overdose Prevention
- The Role of SBIRT in the MAO OTAP Program
- The Evolution of Peer Support and Recovery Programs
- The Impact of Stigma on Substance Use and Mental Illness
- Legal Considerations in Prescribing and Dispensing
- Opioid Use in Alabama
- John Olsen, Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Alftan D. Dyson-Long, PharmD, BCACP, AAHIVP, Medical Advocacy & Outreach
- Scott Daniel, Esq., Alabama Board of Pharmacy
- Katherine Pickens, LPC, CAADC, Alabama Department of Mental Health
- LaDonna Gaines, MPH, BSN, RN, CSPI, Alabama Poison Control Center
- Lige' Shears MSW, AADC, Council on Substance Abuse
- Elana M. Parker Merriweather, Ed.S., AADC, LPC, NCC, Medical Advocacy & Outreach
Medical Advocacy and Outreach (MAO) is an approved NBCC Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6882, and an approved Continuing Education Provider with the Alabama Board of Social Worker Examiners, Provider No. 0134. CME credit approval is pending.
Advance registrations for this program must be made online by 6 PM on October 16th. Late registrations will require higher participation fees. When online registrations close, course listings will display "Unavailable". At such a time manual registration may still be possible depending on space. To better assist those wishing to be placed on a Waiting List or have specific questions, please e-mail AAndersen@maoi.org
Please check back soon!
This campaign has ended or is not currently active.
Contact us if you would like more information on how to support!