Latinos Progresando was founded in 1998 with just $200 and a single office on Chicago’s historic 18th Street. Over more than 20 years, the organization has grown in size and sophistication with a combination of compassion, vision, grit, and of course, earning the financial support of some of the city’s most forward-thinking institutions.
Today, Latinos Progresando delivers high-quality information and resources for people to build secure, healthy and productive lives, through:
· The largest Latino-led immigration legal services program in Illinois, which also reaches immigrant victims of domestic violence, and serves families from more than 40 countries around the world
· Operations-focused training and technical assistance for emerging and expanding immigration legal services providers
· A broad vision of wellness that builds on the community’s existing strengths to increase physical and mental health
· Activities that promote peace and celebrate culture
· Coalition-building through a Latinos Progresando-founded and led collaborative of more than 40 institutional partners called the Marshall Square Resource Network
Your support of our runners goes a long way to ensuring that the community has access to the information and resources necessary to thrive.
BENEFITING: LATINOS PROGRESANDO