Latino Community Association - Bend 2445 NE Division St, Suite 200
Bend, OR 97703
REPORTS TO: Program Manager & Volunteer Coordinator
TYPICAL HOURS: The work schedule is quite flexible, but requires regular day, evening and occasional weekend work. 10-20 hours/week
1. Work closely with both Programs Manager and Volunteer Coordinator to support components of the Workforce Empowerment Programs, including the English, Computer, Citizenship and youth programs.
2. Communicate with volunteers assigned to specific roles and be available to answer questions about assigned roles.
3. Assist with volunteer trainings and the planning of fundraising and outreach events.
4. Assist Program Manager and Volunteer Coordinator with creating, assessing, documenting, and reporting on program outcomes.
5. Work to record outcomes and information using Apricot Software.
1. Currently enrolled in college or a recent college graduate.
2. Bilingual (English/Spanish) written and spoken
3. Bi-culturally aware (immigrant Latino/Anglo) with knowledge of immigrant Latino issues, challenges, and opportunities
4. Public presentation experience
5. Familiarity with common computer programs (MS Word, Excel, online tools), social media, databases.
6. Professional and friendly disposition
7. Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, email, and in-person
8. Team-player mentality and collaborative can-do approach to work
9. Must have reliable transportation